Tuesday, March 18, 2014

14 Hour Overnight Bus

Oh ... and smoking is allowed...!!

At 9.00 am this morning we had multiple options to get to our next destination - plane, day train sleeper, day train soft seats, day train hard seats, night train sleeper and night bus. One by one our options disappeared as the few remaining seats were snapped up. So it was that we ended up on our least favoured option, the night bus - a ride of 14 hours in a reclining seat bult for people of no more than 5'6". Fortunately my seat has no one in front of it so by looping my legs over the reclined seat I've extended my leg room to 11'!! 
I'll let you know how it goes! 


Did I mention what a bloody good sport my wife Penny is? Just turned 67. Inclined to suffer from motion sickness. Hates cigarette smoke ... and look at her!


PS: If you hear I'm in a Vietnamese gaol it will be because I throttled the smokers during the night!


PPS: The smokers included the driver and his mate. Throttling them seemed counter productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!